Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Catching Bubbles

We didn't have our playdate last week because we thought that the weather was going to be nasty. But we were wrong. The sun was shining and Sweetpea and I were stuck at home.

Today was awesome, too. Although we arrived late at Cheryl's place, everything went great. We had our lunch at the deck where we enjoyed basking under the heat of the sun. I had cooked some pork sauted with bokchoy and a batch of okra salad which my girlfriends really loved. Blessy brought Mango float, humba and fried fish, and Maricel brought some more fried fish.

I must admit that we, Filipinos, do love our fish. Fish is something which is ingrained well in our culture mainly because of the geographic location of the Philippines.

I had noticed during the previous playdates that Cheryl had always been providing us with disposable wares, so I decided to bring a box of plastic spoons, forks and knives. Ivy brought a bunch of disposable wares as well, and we just laughed when we realized that we were thinking alike.

Most of the kids have already eaten lunch when we arrived. I managed to feed Sweetpea some Philippine hotdogs and rice even though she was busy playing in the yard. The kids enjoyed playing with the swings and slide while my girlfriends and I had lunch together.

Catching bubblesAfter lunch, Cheryl started making bubbles with her wand and the kids really had a blast. It was funny watching the kids huddle close together with Cheryl and then scatter themselves away to catch the bubbles. There was laughter in the air.

While we had some dessert, all the kids, except Sweetpea and Zack, were all wet because of playing with the garden hose. The moms ran to the rescue and asked Cheryl to put the kids' clothes on a dryer. But the kids were just laughing and kidding around even when they were inside the house.

When the kids had put back their clothes, it was already time to go. We dropped Maricel and Kirby off their house and hit Walmart. I bought Sweetpea a couple dress and a pair of shoes for me. I was already exhausted by then but Sweetpea never dozed off on our way home.

No comments: