Wednesday, June 11, 2008

All Wired Up

Wired up!Sweetpea and I missed last Wednesday's playdate. The past few days were also extremely hot so we never went out for anything except for very important things. But today, we were at Doyle's Field. Everyone was already there when Ivy and I and our kids arrived. They were all seated around a table under a nice shady tree. It was my first time to meet Cheryl's mom.

I didn't have breakfast so I was starving by then. I watched the kids play in the playground while I helped myself with burger and fries. I had decided to stop by McDonald's to buy something I could share with everyone else.

Up, up and away!Sweetpea was all wired up, filled with energy and adventure. She was more focused in trying all kinds of play equipment, instead of mingling with her friends. When it was time for lunch, I had to pick her up, holding her tight as I carried her to the shade. All she wanted to do was run and play. After scolding her in my native tongue, she finally agreed to eat her lunch before going back under the heat of the sun. So, I was relieved.

In the afternoon, I had successfully let Sweetpea sit on a swing under the shade for a good fifteen minutes. She was singing as I pushed her swing higher. Then, she ran off and played with her friends.

Blessy had to leave early because she needed to do errands for Vince's graduation. So my girlfriends and I had the chance to discuss about her birthday suprise and we agreed to contribute $10 each for Blessy's birthday gift. We will be celebrating her birthday next Friday at Cheryl's house. Sandy was given the task to get her a gift card from Marshall's. On our way home, we dropped by the store to accompany Sandy.

No comments: