Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Finder's Keeper

We were at the mall again today. Sweetpea had a blast playing with Nicko, Eli and other kids around at the play area next to JC Penney. I was a little bit scared that Sweetpea started to show courage being away from my side not only while we were inside the play area but even when we were at the food court during lunch break.

At one point, my girlfriends and I decided to check out Macy's. After ten minutes of browsing the clothes, I found Sweetpea and myself separated from them. I tried to call Sandy on her cellphone but I only got her message box. Then, I decided to walk out of the store to just wait for them at the food court. On my way out, I found Nicko searching for his mom. I took him with me and told the saleslady that I was a friend of his mom. I told Nicko to hold hands with Sweetpea as we made our way to the food court. At the back of my mind, I was scared thinking: what if Sweetpea was in the same situation? I'd probably lose my mind.

When I got into a safe corner, I called Sandy again. I left a message for her to tell Blessy that her son was with me. Then we proceeded to the food court.

I bought some lunch and fed the two kids. Nicko was as hungry as Sweetpea. The clock said, twelve forty-five. Then I got a call back from Sandy's cellphone. It was Blessy. I could feel how worried she was but at the same time she was thankful that Nicko was safe with me. Fifteen minutes later Sandy and Blessy showed up. Nicko was happy to see his mom once again.

No comments: