Wednesday, March 12, 2008

At the Mall

Spin-a-wheeeeeeel!It was snowing outside with a little mixture of rain. But that didn't stop us from going to a local mall for this week's playdate.

The mall had a special play area for kids. Although only Eli and Nick showed up, a lot of other kids were there.

I was taken aback. It took a long time for Sweetpea to leave my side and play with other kids. So, I was really happy when she finally had the courage to explore the area. Sweetpea is hiding...

I certainly look forward to see her someday not having a tough time integrating with other kids. It is a process, and that is exactly the reason why I bring her to playdates like this.

From my personal observation, I have seen her take an effort to mingle with others. On the other hand, I have also found it very natural for her to separate from the group and play alone whenever she can. I am very much concerned about this. I just want her to be a kid, and play just like most kids do.

No comments: