Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In the beginning...

Before sweetpea started homeschooling, all I could think of was providing her with the best quality education she can have. My husband and I are extremely academic persons. As students, we both excelled in our classes --- and as adults, we're both educators and passionate about teaching and learning.

But we didn't want our daughter to be a genius who is awkward and socially backwards. Who would? So we thought of two ways on how we could provide our child with a good social life. One was for me to get a part-time job so I could drop her to a preschool at least two or three times a week. The second one was to find a group of kids she can play with on a regular basis.

The first one didn't work out (yet) --- at least for now! But the second one just happened - almost like magic. It all started when I got to know Ivy. She was a wonderful lady from the Philippines and she has two daughters. Her daughters have been seeing other kids every single week. She invited me and my daughter for a playdate. We showed up at the venue despite the bad weather. Sweetpea had a blast and I could never be much happier seeing her having fun. I never looked back since then.

No comments: